Monday, August 9, 2010

Dani Pacheco Commits To Liverpool

Teenage forward Dani Pacheco insists he has no intention of leaving Liverpool this season, instead targeting a regular run in Roy Hodgson's side.

Pacheco returned to Anfield last week on the back of an impressive tournament at the European Under-19 championships for Spain where he took the Golden Boot title for scoring four times.

The former Barcelona youngster was rewarded for his irrepressible form in France with a starting berth in the Reds' Europa League win against FC Rabotnicki last Thursday.

And the 19-year-old, who featured for the full 90 minutes at Anfield, is now eager to force his way into Hodgson's first-team plans, despite being linked with a move back to his homeland.
Out to impress

"I really want to do well for Liverpool and give my best," he told the Liverpool Echo.

"I have worked hard for this chance and hopefully I can impress the manager. I really enjoyed it against Rabotnicki and it made me happy to make my first start for the first team and play 90 minutes, but I have got to keep working hard."

Pacheco has been linked with a return to Spain with Real Sociedad and Malaga, but the youngster insists he wants to prove himself on Merseyside.

"I know there had been some talk but I want to stay here because this is a massive club and I want to make it work here," he said.

"I have reached the age when I want to be playing. I want to show the manager that I can stay here, do well for him and play for Liverpool. That is the only thing on my mind right now."

No comments:

Post a Comment