Thursday, November 11, 2010

Kerzhakov Reveals Liverpool Approach

Aleksandr Kerzhakov claims he has been approached by Liverpool over a potential January switch. The Russia international has hit 12 goals in 26 appearances for Zenit St Petersburg this season and has alleged that his agent was contacted by representatives from Anfield over a move in the upcoming winter transfer window. But former Sevilla striker Kerzhakov, 27, insists that he is currently happy to remain with Zenit, who he rejoined this year after a four-year absence from the Petrovsky Stadium. He said: "The talk about Liverpool is not baseless. The British club came to my agent with a proposal but I did not give an answer. "I have other things to think about and in all respects I am happy in Russia. My team is in first place in the national championship and I have always said that I wanted to play for Zenit. "In the case of Liverpool I will take no initiative, but I can count the fingers on one hand for the amount of clubs I could theoretically go to. "This is because Zenit is playing beautiful, modern football and the club is growing rapidly. And I am here, at home."

No comments:

Post a Comment