Thursday, November 11, 2010

Kelly Thrilled With Chelsea Game Performance

Liverpool defender Martin Kelly enjoyed his test against Chelsea. The 20-year-old found himself up against Ashley Cole and Florent Malouda on Sunday - arguably the most potent left- sided combination in the Barclays Premier League - and he admits he enjoyed the challenge. "I enjoyed playing against Malouda and that was my main focus to keep him quiet," he told liverpoolfc.tv. "It was a good test for a young lad like me playing against him and Ashley Cole but I couldn't have done it without the rest of the lads who helped me out a lot. "Raul Meireles played just in front of me and he was important. He is a quality player. He listens all the time and I thought we worked well together. "The atmosphere was brilliant. I remember being in the stand watching us play in the Champions League and enjoying the atmosphere but playing against Chelsea felt even better."

No comments:

Post a Comment