Thursday, November 11, 2010

Gerrard Pledges To Get Liverpool Back Where It Belongs

Steven Gerrard today pledged to get Liverpool back to winning ways in Stoke on Saturday after shouldering some of the responsibility for our 1-1 at the DW Stadium. The ever-honest skipper knows he had a fantastic opportunity to clinch all three points late in the game when he hit the crossbar. And Gerrard also held his hands up to a misplaced one-two with Paul Konchesky just seconds before Hugo Rodallega's equaliser. But the 30-year-old - who assisted Fernando Torres's opening goal with a delightful ball through the Wigan defence - insists he and his teammates can take some positives from yet another game without defeat. "I tried to play a one-two that, if it had come off, could have been a good move," Gerrard explained. "You don't expect it to lead to a goal but, when it does, you have to take responsibility. "Then when I went through on goal, I maybe struck my shot too well but I should have scored - I expected to. As we haven't taken maximum points, maybe people should point a finger at me. "Besides those things, I'm happy with my form. After a fantastic win over Chelsea and having gone 1-0 up, of course we understand why people will be slightly disappointed." Gerrard believes the memorable victory over Carlo Ancelotti's team took a lot out of Liverpool - and matters were not helped by the fact Wigan had an extra day's preparation following their defeat to Blackburn on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment