Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Liverpool Youngster Mavinga Wants A Loan Move Out Of Anfield

Chris Mavinga has threatened to leave Liverpool after claiming that Roy Hodgson has snubbed the club's foreign youngsters.

Mavinga, 19, was signed from Paris St Germain last summer by Rafael Benitez, Hodgson's predecessor, and trained with the first team but has returned to the Reds' reserves despite enjoying a starring role in France's uropean Under-19 Championship triumph last month.

The left-back had hoped his international exploits would have seen him handed more opportunities but feels limited due to Hodgson's vision of restoring Liverpool's status as an 'English club'.

I am disappointed," he said.

"I thought that with the success I had with France and what I produced on the training ground I would have the opportunity to train with the first team and play bits of games.

"But a new coach arrived. Roy Hodgson, who replaced Rafael Benitez, is changing the organization of the club and is trying to encourage English players ahead of foreign ones, unlike his predecessor.

"He clearly stated he wanted to remake Liverpool into an English club."

Mavinga is now considering his options away from Anfield and has hinted that he could leave in the January transfer window if his current situation does not improve.

He added: "I love the club, but if the situation requires me to go, I will.

"I'm not asking to contest a full season in the first team. I'm just demanding a fair opportunity to train, then later have a little game time.

"This is a logical progression and if I stay with the reserves, it is the brake. I hope to find a new club. Liverpool are not keen to loan me.

"If I'm not leaving this summer, I hope I can do it in January, if my situation does not change by then."

No comments:

Post a Comment