Saturday, October 30, 2010

Academy Chief Borrell Yet To Scout New Messi

Liverpool academy chief Rodolfo Borrell admits he's yet to uncover a Scouse Lionel Messi. Borrell moved to Liverpool last year after several years with Barcelona's junior setup. "I don't know all of the players across the country, but I admire the characteristics of a Scouse player, he has something special," he told liverpoolfc.tv. "He is a player that learns quickly, is very competitive, aggressive and disciplined. He is always ready to fight for his team. I don't think that is the case for every player in England, I think there is something different about Scouse players. "We are investing a lot more in players from around Liverpool. "I am happy with all of our Scousers - but if you ask me if I see players with that extra special talent, like Lionel Messi, then I have to be honest. I do not see anyone of that calibre. "But we have players with some good ingredients that with the right focus and hard work, will go through and be competitive for the first-team of Liverpool."

No comments:

Post a Comment