Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Brad Jones Completes Anfield Move

Liverpool have completed the signing of Middlesbrough goalkeeper Brad Jones for a fee of £2.3m.
The 28-year-old completed the switch on Tuesday after travelling to Merseyside for a medical.
The Australia international will act as cover at Anfield for regular keeper Jose Reina.
Jones qualifies as a "home-grown" player under the new Premier League rules after joining the Teessiders from Australian amateur side Bayswater City.
He made 75 first-team appearances for Boro and spent time on loan at Blackpool, Rotherham, Stockport and Sheffield Wednesday.
However, he admitted that he will face a battle to add to those appearances as he tries to oust first choice Jose Reina at Anfield.
"They've told me they want me to do what I do and put pressure on Pepe Reina and Diego Cavalieri," he told Liverpool's official site.
"That's fine, I'm happy to do that, I've got to give it a go.
"Roy Hodgson hasn't promised anything and I would never expect that from a manager. It's up to me to work hard and make his decisions for him.
"It's not going to be easy to get past Pepe. He's shown over the last couple of years how good he is.
"You don't play for the clubs he's played for and the tournaments he's played in and not be world class.
"Obviously that side of it is going to be tough but I'll do what I can and try to put a bit of pressure on him."

No comments:

Post a Comment