Monday, July 26, 2010

Bougherra Not Jealous Of Wilson Over Liverpool Move


Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra insists he's not jealous of Danny Wilson over his move to Liverpool.

Bougherra's agent had claimed interest from Liverpool earlier in the summer.

The Algeria stopper told the Scottish Sun: "Young Danny is completely different from me.

"He is only 18 and has many, many more years in front of him. I think he merits joining a big club like Liverpool. We could all see he has a good future.

"I don't worry. I have a three-year deal with Rangers and I am also playing in the Champions League. I don't know where else I could go to play like this.

"In football if you do well and a big club is interested in you then you could leave - but both the club and me need to be happy. At the moment there is nothing.

"I am honest and if a big opportunity comes along for me and also Rangers, then why not? At the moment I've very happy.

"Why would I be jealous of Danny? I'm pleased for him."

No comments:

Post a Comment