Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Joe Cole Targeting Top Form

Joe Cole today vowed to rediscover his touch and get Liverpool back where they belong in the top half of the Barclays Premier League table. The 28-year-old told Liverpoolfc.tv that he is far from happy with his own form and insisted he is going to work as hard as possible to get back to his best. And while the England international was hurting after Sunday's 2-0 Merseyside derby defeat, he said everyone at the club will give it everything they have got to turn things around. "We are not playing well, I'm not playing well but I know I'm at a club that is going to help me through it," said Cole. "I know that and I expect better from myself. "It's disappointing to lose such a big game but in these situations, the worse thing you can do is start pointing fingers at each other. We have got to look at ourselves. "I'll just try and do what I can do to get back to it. I need to find my form somehow. I'm sure I will and it will come soon. "We have had a tough start and a bad start with results. We can't do anything about that now. We are where we are and we have got to change it. We have got to dig deep. "There are characters here. I'm looking at myself - nobody else. I need to do a lot better for the club; every minute of every day I'm thinking about how I can get there again. "I'm desperate to do well for Liverpool. I've never had a period like this before and it is all new territory for me. But it is a challenge and life is never easy. "The right thing to do is just try and grind out the first win and then take it from there. We are right behind the manager. We all believe in the team and in the club. "We have just got to stick together. We are doing a lot of things right but we have just got to concentrate on cutting out the wrong things'' Cole also spoke about how much of a boost new owners NESV have given the club. "It's encouraging now that the club has got a direction to go in," he added. "We are happy with that. The thing is to keep going and keep our heads. We have got to do better, everyone at the club."

No comments:

Post a Comment