Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hodgson: Reds May Lose Torres To ManUtd

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson is well aware that Manchester United will target Fernando Torres when Wayne Rooney departs Old Trafford. Rooney has stated that he is desperate to exit the club and it seems as though United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will not try to talk him around, indicating a departure is imminent. If that is the case, Hodgson is bracing himself for the Red Devils to come hard at Torres who has been reportedly unhappy at Anfield in recent times. "I am not naive to believe that there won't be any danger and we will never lose a player like Torres, I understand these things can happen, " Hodgson said. "With Torres, I think we will cross that bridge when we come to it. There will always be speculation. When a great player like Wayne Rooney is looking to leave his club Manchester United will be a position to target a lot of players around the world. "I don't think Fernando Torres will be the only striker they target, and I don 't think that we will be the only club that will be worried their striker can be targeted. "I don't believe it will happen, and I will do everything in my power to help him return to the very top level we know he has and get back to his best form as quickly as possible. "

No comments:

Post a Comment