Monday, October 4, 2010

Blackpool Boss: Torres Departure Lifted Us

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway
admits it was a good sight for
his team when Liverpool ’s
Fernando Torres came off early
in their encounter at Anfield on
Sunday.
The Reds lost their star striker in
the 10th minute of the 2-1 loss
to the Seasiders and Holloway
admits it was a blessing in
disguise to see the ‘best striker
in the world’ hobble off the pitch.
“To see the best striker in the
world limp off after a few
minutes, I can't tell you what that
did for us," he said.
"His mere presence is awesome
so to see him come off played
into our hands and helped us."
The match was a very emotional
moment for Holloway who felt a
great sense of pride after seeing
his players take down the
famous Liverpool.
“It is one of the dreams I've had
for years," added the Seasiders
boss.
"When the fans were singing
You'll Never Walk Alone - it's my
dad's favourite song but he's no
longer with me - I was singing
myself and it was a bit emotional.
"This is not far off the home of
football - these supporters have
seen some of the best football
over the years and in my era as a
player there was no better team
in the world.
"The boys made me so proud
and for that set of supporters to
clap us off that is all I wanted -
that was what my dream was
last night.
"This is a fantastic moment for
Blackpool."

No comments:

Post a Comment