Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blackpool Sound Warning To Reds

Ian Holloway has warned that
his Blackpool side will go in all
guns blazing when they take on
Liverpool next weekend.
The Tangerines travel to Anfield
a week today hoping to cause
another upset in their first
season back in the top flight
since 1971.
And Holloway has fired a
warning to Roy Hodgson's side
that he plans to shed the
defensive tactics that cost him
yesterday's Lancashire derby at
home to Blackburn Rovers.
He said: "Last week we got
what we deserved - zilch - but
this week I felt we deserved at
least a point. But you won't get
me disappointed - because of
the way my team play.
"Results won't affect me this
year - if I start getting affected
by results I might as well pack it
in, But performances affect me.
"The first-half performance last
week was wimpy. That was my
fault because I went defensive
and I won't do that again.
"You wait until Liverpool away -
that is all I am going to say."

No comments:

Post a Comment