Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Martin Kelly: Nice To See Us Lads Getting Chances At Anfield

Liverpool defender Martin Kelly says the chances for English youngsters at Anfield have improved this preseason.

Kelly was part of England U21's squad for the win over Uzbekistan last night.

"I've been playing well in pre-season so thought there might have been a chance of being involved with this being a friendly, and I'm really made up to be involved," Kelly told TheFA.com.

"I know most of the lads, and it's good to meet up with them again.

"I'm excited to be here and I can't wait to get involved. When you get called up for England it's what you want to do as a professional and something you dream of when you are a kid. Hopefully I can take my chance and show Stuart (Pearce) what I can do and maybe stay involved for the games next month.

"There's been a few more English lads coming through at Liverpool this pre-season who have had a chance in games. When you get these chances you then have to show that you are capable of making the step up and being involved on a regular basis."

No comments:

Post a Comment