Monday, August 23, 2010

Liverpool Youngster Mavinga Unhappy With Hodgson Preferring English Youngsters

Chris Mavinga (right) gets stuck into Spain's Rodrigo at the Euro Under 19 Championship
Euro star: Mavinga (right) gets stuck into Spain's Rodrigo at the Euro Under 19 Championship



Roy Hodgson has been blasted by French wonderkid Chris Mavinga for snubbing the club's young foreigners.
Mavinga was signed by Rafael Benitez from PSG in a deal seen as a real coup for the Liverpool last summer.
The left back starred as France won the Euro Under 19 title and was looking forward to forcing his way into the Reds squad.
He trained with the first-team last term but says he has been shunted back to the reserves under Hodgson.
'I am disappointed,' he admitted. 'I thought that with the success I had with France and what I produced on the training ground I would have the opportunity to train with the first team and play bits of games.
'But a new coach arrived. Roy Hodgson, who replaced Rafael Benitez, is changing the organization of the club and is trying to encourage English players ahead of foreign ones, unlike his predecessor.
'He clearly stated he wanted to remake Liverpool into an English club.'
Mavinga is now looking to quit Anfield.
'I love the club, but if the situation requires me to go, I will,' he said. 'I'm not asking to contest a full season in the first team. I'm just demanding a fair opportunity to train, then later have a little game time.
'This is a logical progression and if I stay with the reserves, it is the brake. I hope to find a new club. Liverpool are not keen to loan me.
'If I'm not leaving this summer, I hope I can do it in January, if my situation does not change by then.'

No comments:

Post a Comment