Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fernando Torres: Liverpool Will Be Real Force Again

Fernando Torres has vowed to finally bring much-coveted title glory to Anfield after committing his future to Liverpool yesterday.
The Spain striker’s days as a Kop idol appeared to be numbered after a poor last season at the club, during which the Reds finished a disappointing seventh place in the Premier League and failed to qualify for the Champions League.
Having won the World Cup with his country it was expected that he would leave Merseyside in a bid to snap up club honours with Chelsea a likely destination.
However, Torres yesterday reaffirmed his loyalty to Liverpool, to bring a further air of positivity to Anfield after Steven Gerrard’s decision to stay on and the signing of England midfielder Joe Cole.
But the fans’ favourite says it was new boss Roy Hodgson who convinced him to stay and now he wants to prove his love for the club by helping to a 21-year wait for a league crown.
“I really appreciated the fact that Roy came to see me while I was on my holidays,” said Torres.
“He told me about his plans for the club, what he wanted from me and I appreciated that.
“This is the best club in the country, so the targets and expectations are really high.
“ At Liverpool the aim is to fight for every title.
“It was difficult last season, but I am sure we can improve.”
He added: “I am really happy to be back, really happy to stay with all my team-mates. My commitment and loyalty to the club and to the fans is the same as it was on my first day when I signed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment