Friday, August 6, 2010

Dani Pacheco's Liverpool Dreams

Daniel Pacheco has spoken of his desire to make a real name for himself at Anfield under Roy Hodgson.
After helping Spain U19s reach the final of the European Championships last week, Liverpool's No.47 was given his first competitive start during the 2-0 win over FK Rabotnicki.
Pacheco started on the right side of the attack before switching to the left, and he played his part in an excellent team display.
The Spanish ace told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I really enjoyed it and it made me very happy to make my first start for the first team and play 90 minutes.
"I just have to keep working hard now and impress the manager and hopefully I will get more chances.
"The team played really well and we kept up a good tempo and it was nice to be a part of it.
"I feel comfortable on the left side and I enjoyed it out there and I don't mind playing anywhere across the forward line.
"I found out I was playing on Wednesday. The manager spoke to me and asked how I was physically and I said I felt good, and he told me I was in his team.
"I really want to do well for Liverpool and give my best. I have worked hard for this chance and hopefully I can impress the manager."
Pacecho also spoke of his pride about winning the Golden Boot in the UEFA U19 European Championships, when he emulated Fernando Torres's 2002 four goal total.
The former Barcelona starlet had an outstanding tournament but it ended in defeat when Anfield teammate Chris Mavinga helped France to a 2-1 win on their home turf.
"I enjoyed the tournament and it was nice to get the trophy which will be a good memory for me," he added.
"Unfortunately we couldn't win but I was happy for Mavinga. He is a nice lad and I met up with him at the end of the game and I was pleased for him."

No comments:

Post a Comment