Monday, August 16, 2010

Celtic Signing Izaguirre Admits Rejecting Liverpool Offer

Emilio Izaguirre admits he is signing for Celtic ahead of interest from Liverpool and Wigan Athletic.

Izaguirre signed from CD Motagua and admits the interest from the Hoops came out of the blue late last week.

Izaguirre told the Scottish Sun: "It is true that I could have gone to England to play for Wigan as CD Motagua had an exclusive agreement to sell me to them.

"It would have happened if they could have sold my compatriot Maynor Figueroa.

"Liverpool were also interested in signing me but unfortunately the deal collapsed.

"But all of a sudden Celtic showed interest in signing me.

"I didn't want to say anything about Celtic until I was sure the deal was finalised as there have been a lot of negotiations in the last few days with different clubs.

"But finally I am a Celtic player and I'm determined to make a big impact in Scotland."

No comments:

Post a Comment