Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Carragher Confident of Signing New Contract At Anfield

Liverpool vice-captain Jamie Carragher is confident he will sign a new contract at Anfield in the near future.
Reds manager Roy Hodgson has said a new deal for the 32-year-old is on the agenda this season.
"I'm sure I'll be signing a contract and looking forward to finishing my career at Liverpool," Carragher told BBC Radio Merseyside.
"I laugh when people say I've been in 'talks'. There'll be no talks, as it will probably be sorted in 20 minutes."
He added: "The club have mentioned that the most important thing was to sort the ins and outs before the end of the transfer window.
"Then, if they want to speak to me, that's great. That's probably when we'll sit down and sort it out."
Carragher says with all the changes at the club there is a new air of optimism around Anfield at the moment.
"I think there is a general feel-good factor around the place now," he continued. "With the new manager coming in and Joe Cole coming, it's given everybody a massive lift around the city.
"Hopefully we can build on that, even though we have a tough start. It's going to be an exciting start to the season and if we can do well, I'm hopeful we'll go on and have a good season."

No comments:

Post a Comment