Sunday, July 11, 2010

El Zhar Wants To Quit Liverpool

Nabil El Zhar is preparing to quit Liverpool after four years on the periphery.

New manager Roy Hodgson has vowed to give players confined to the Anfield wilderness by Rafael Benitez a chance to impress but the Morrocco international is refusing to stay at the club despite penning a new deal last year to commit his future until 2013.

El Zhar, 23, joined Liverpool from St Etienne in summer 2006 but has now expressed his desire to leave Merseyside after persistent injury prevented him becoming a regular figure in the side under Benitez.

He said: "I want to leave Liverpool.

"I do not play often enough.

"I'm 23 and I cannot afford to only play a few bits of games.

"There are several European clubs interested and I will not close any doors."

El Zhar has made a total of 32 appearances since his Reds debut in a goalless draw with Portsmouth in November 2006, netting just once.

No comments:

Post a Comment