Liverpool star Joe Cole is confident his new side will be ready to fire on all cylinders for the start of the season.
Cole made his Reds debut in Sunday's friendly defeat to Borussia Monchengladbach alongside returning England team-mates Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher and Glen Johnson.
Despite going down 1-0 in Germany, Cole is optimistic Roy Hodgson's troops will be ready for the big kick-off on 15th August against Arsenal.
"It was a good workout," said Cole. "It was a very hot day and pre-season is always difficult. There were no injuries, so everything went well.
"It was lovely to pull on a red shirt. I really enjoyed it. I'm glad I got a run-out as I needed to get the legs going. "We have looked solid in all the pre-season games and we can build on that.
"We lost the game, but the young lads who were playing got some good experience. While it's good to do lots of training, you need as many games as you can and I am so glad I got through the 60 minutes.
"Nobody is firing on all cylinders yet, but there were some good moments and the main thing we take out of it is the shape of the team and the organisation, which was good. We will be ready for Arsenal."