Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Miereles: Loving Life At Merseyside

Raul Meireles has revealed how happy he is at Anfield and why he feels at home in his new surroundings.
In an exclusive interview at Melwood, Liverpool's No.4 spoke about playing in front of the famous Kop, how inspired he is by the famous club anthem and what it would mean to score his first goal in a red shirt. "I am really enjoying it and like living in the city," Meireles told Liverpoolfc.tv. "Me and my family have found a nice apartment in a good place and we like to walk around and see the city. "The people are very friendly and they have made me and my family very welcome. "We have been to some great restaurants and it is a good place to live. "Understanding the likes of Stevie and Carra is very difficult but they speak slowly to me so I can understand them. "Lucas and Fabio Aurelio speak Portugese like me and they have both helped me a lot." The former Porto ace has also spoke about how inspiring it is to hear 'You'll Never Walk Alone' before kick-off at Anfield. "The Kop is special to play in front of and I am really enjoying playing for Liverpool," he added. "When I come onto the pitch at Anfield the first person I always look for is my wife. "In our last match against Blackburn I saw her with a mobile phone recording the crowd and Gerry Marsden singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'. That was amazing. "When you are on the field before the game it does inspire you and it is fantastic to hear the crowd singing that." Meireles also spoke about the mutual appreciation tattoo society at Melwood and his banter with Martin Skrtel and Daniel Agger. "We have spoken about tattoos and I always ask them where they got them done," he added. "I think I have more than Martin but first place goes to Daniel Agger, for now. I am going to try and catch him up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment