Monday, October 11, 2010

Reina Admits Players Bothered By Takeover Saga

Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina
admits there is chaos at the club
amidst the potential takeover.
The Spain international is
currently in Madrid preparing for
Tuesday ’s Euro2102 qualifier
with Scotland but says he is very
worried about his club who are
set for court as current owners
Tom Hicks and George Gillett
attempt to block the proposed
purchase of New England Sports
Ventures.
“It’s still too soon to talk about
the takeover because there is still
some chaos down there, ” said
Reina.
“I’m worried. I’m worried
because of the situation of the
club. But I am also optimistic and
I think we ’re going to bounce
back and be our best in a few
months. At least that ’s what I
hope.
“The only thing we can do is play
football and the things that are
going on around the club, the
ownership situation and all that,
is out of our hands. ”

No comments:

Post a Comment