Sunday, October 24, 2010

Kuyt Back In Training

Dirk Kuyt has given Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson a huge boost with confirmation he will be fit within four weeks. The forward was taken to hospital after he landed badly on his ankle having gone up for a header during Holland's European Championship qualifier against Sweden two weeks ago. It was feared he would be out for as long as five months but it was discovered that he did not need an operation, which will come as a big relief to the under-fire Liverpool manager. Kuyt said: 'I had a second scan and the doctor has now told me that they do not need to operate on my ankle. That is such a relief. 'The doctor says I could be back in the Liverpool team within one month.' Kuyt, who injured his shoulder in training earlier this season, added: 'I can't wait to play again and help the team. The doctor says this injury needs a bit of rest and good physiotherapy will speed up my comeback on the pitch.'

No comments:

Post a Comment