Friday, October 8, 2010

Konchesky Hopeful Of Landing England Call Soon

Liverpool fullback Paul Konchesky hopes playing for the Reds can re-ignite his international career.

The 29-year-old won two caps under Sven-Goran Eriksson but has not featured for the national team for five years.

But he hopes if he can put in some decent performances for his new team he may yet catch the eye of current England coach Fabio Capello.

"I want to do my best for Liverpool first and if I can do well here, and then the England chance comes, then that's a big bonus for me," he said. "But my first aim is to do well at Liverpool and try to win something here."

Asked if he felt he hard done-by, considering his international exile had coincided with some selection problems at left-back, Konchesky added: "Yes, maybe. But the England manager can pick who he wants to pick.

"I don't let that bother me when I'm playing, and hopefully I can now show him what I can do here with Liverpool.

"I've always got to be confident, and if I'm doing well and the team's doing well, you never know what's going to happen."

No comments:

Post a Comment