Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hodgson: Spearing, Shelvey Stars Of Future

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson was delighted with Jay Spearing and Jonjo Shelvey in the Europa League last week. He feels they both have a bright future in the game. "They did the club proud on Thursday and I'm really pleased with them," Hodgson told Liverpoolfc.tv. "Jonjo made his first start and he showed everyone what a good signing from Charlton we have there. "I remember when I gave Jonjo a start in pre-season against Borussia Moenchengladbach and he did extremely well. "I think Jay has been very unlucky not to play more because every time he has played this season, in the Europa League, even the Carling Cup and he played in pre-season for me, he has never played a bad game for the club during my short time here so far. "I'm really pleased with Jay and I think it's very good for the club that we have local boys like him who show that we don't necessarily have to go out and recruit expensive players from other clubs. "I wouldn't have any hesitation in playing Jay and Jonjo in the Premier League."

No comments:

Post a Comment