Monday, October 18, 2010

Hodgson Pleased With NESV Assurances

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has drawn encouragement that NESV want to copy the Arsenal model. The manager believes the Gunners are ideal examples for the Americans to follow. Hodgson said: "The good thing for me is that the new owners are logical people. I am told they have been to Arsenal to see how things are done and there is no doubt they are a fantastic role model as a club. "Arsene has been given the time and used it wisely and recruited very wisely. He doesn't go to the owner and say, 'I want you to be in hock for £150million'. "I don't want people to think Hodgson has no ambition. But Wenger tries to spend wisely the money the club earns. And there is no doubt being the type of coach I am, that is what I want to do as well. "There are a lot of fans out there who believe everything was better in the past and we can get back to the old days with a flick of the fingers. "But there is a very large body who realise we've been going in the wrong direction, it needed to be stopped and now it needs to start moving in the right direction. "That's what I will be trying to do all the time they want me here."

No comments:

Post a Comment