Friday, October 22, 2010

Hodgson: I Will Never Resign

Roy Hodgson has defiantly hit out at suggestions that he will resign as Liverpool manager. Pressure has mounted on the 63-year-old after the club's worst start to a domestic campaign in over 57 years - with Liverpool currently rooted in the bottom three of the Barclays Premier League. Former Real Madrid boss Manuel Pellegrini and ex- Barcelona chief Frank Rijkaard are both understood to be interested in succeeding the former Fulham manager, with both currently unattached. However, speaking after tonight's goalless draw with Napoli in the Europa League, Hodgson has dismissed rumours that he will stand down and maintains that he is determined to remain at the Anfield helm in the long-term and described rumours of an imminent resignation as 'ridiculous'. He said: "I have heard the ridiculous rumours about me resigning, and I can tell you there is not an iota of truth in any of them. "The simple truth is that I have never considered resigning, and I never will."

No comments:

Post a Comment