Friday, August 6, 2010

Martin Kelly Happy To Land More And More Chances In First Team

Liverpool defender Martin Kelly is happy to be versatile if it helps him gain more first team experience.
The 20-year-old central defender has played at both left-back and right-back during the Reds' pre-season campaign.
"I feel comfortable on both feet so I'm just happy to get an opportunity anywhere across the back four," Kelly told BBC Radio Merseyside.
"Hopefully I'll take it (the opportunity) when I get the chance, I'm made up with the (Rabotnicki) game."
In April, Kelly underwent a knee injury, which ended his season prematurely.
Now fully fit, he will now join up with the England Under-21 squad ahead of their friendly against Uzbekistan at Ashton Gate on Tuesday and says he is desperate to grab the opportunity with both hands.
"I've got to take my chances as they come and last season I was unlucky to not get a call up because I got injured," he added.
"As this season has come around I've had a good pre-season and the opportunity has come around again.
"I can't wait to take that and the other players will be on international duty so we'll all come back together and get ready for the Arsenal game."

No comments:

Post a Comment