Sunday, August 22, 2010

Liverpool Youngster Kelly Has High Respect For Hodgson

Martin Kelly has spoken of his admiration for Roy Hodgson and believes the manager can improve his game immensely.
Liverpool's No.34 has been a regular member of Hodgson's squad so far this campaign and he put in another impressive display at right-back during Thursday's 1-0 win over Trabzonspor.
"I'm enjoying getting these opportunities and it was great for me to play again and it's all great experience for me," Kelly told Liverpoolfc.tv.
"I've not played in a game at that tempo since Lille in the Champions League last season so I enjoyed it.
"We could have scored more than one in the first leg but we will take that because we kept a clean sheet against a good side and it's better going there with a 1-0 lead rather than a 0-0.
"The manager has given me a lot of confidence and I've just got to take it all in my stride and learn from things like that because it will make me a better player.
"He has installed a good vibe about the place and he treats everyone the same.
"We do a lot of work on the training field and he will show you where you need to improve.
"There are also some great players like Jamie Carragher who are helping me out in training and during the games, and that is the best training I could get.
"It's second to none and things are looking good."
Kelly's form has also been recognised by Stuart Pearce when he gave him his debut for England U21s in Uzbekistan earlier this month, and his substitute appearance ended up being a memorable one when he found the net with a header in the 2-0 win.
"It was a great achievement to make my debut and a proud moment for my family, and then to score was a real bonus for me," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment