Friday, August 27, 2010

Kuyt Pledges Liverpool Future As Fans Rejoice

Fresh after scoring the winning goal in the Reds’ 2-1 win over Tranzonspor on Thursday night,Dirk Kuytmoved to pledge his future to Liverpool.Quotes attributed to the Dutchman’s agent inThe Scumnewspaper earlier in the day had claimed Kuyt had requested not to be involved in the first team in order to force a move to Inter Milan.
But Kuyt said “My future is at Liverpool.“I have had four great years at the club. Unfortunately I have not won any trophies but hopefully I will do in the future. The point for me was that I’m 30 years old and I wanted to know if any club in the world showed any interest in me. The club spoke to me and explained everything. They said I was really important for Liverpool and that made me a really proud person. At that point I focused my thoughts on Liverpool.”Manager Roy Hodgson said “Dirk is a player I’ve always said is an important part of my plans. I made it perfectly clear we don’t welcome any offers and he’s not for sale. But that doesn’t mean in the background there have not been talks between his agent and the club.”
“But as far as I’m concerned he is someone I believe in and count on. It’s important we improve the team around the likes of Gerrard, Reina, Torres and Kuyt, and not sell them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment