Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Riera Thanks Liverpool Fans

New Olympiakos signing Albert Riera has wrote an open letter to Liverpool fans following his transfer.
In a statement on the club's website, Riera declared: "I would like to say goodbye and thank you for the opportunity to play in this fantastic club. I would like to thank the fans for their support; you're unbelievable. I would also like to thank the staff and my team mates.
"I would like to wish the club all the best for the new season, I can see there's a lot of changes taking place and its like a breath of fresh air into the club. I think the club will have a very positive future.
"I want the fans to remember me as a player who tried to give his best. My first year here was one of the best seasons and the closest the club have come to winning the Premier League.
"Last season was a season for everyone to forget in all ways, which can happen to any club. In football it's important to look forward and forget the past.
"I felt it was time for a change and I'm looking forward now to the new challenges which lie ahead."

No comments:

Post a Comment